[Avodah] Reciting l'Dovid Hashem Ori...

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Mon Sep 15 08:12:07 PDT 2008

Are there any other reasons? I mean, it's just a chapter of Tehillim; I
can't imagine anyone saying that there's anything objectionable about
the content!

I'm just wondering if I've exhausted the possibilities, or if there's
another reason why some communities don't say it, which somehow escaped
my imagination. Thanks.

Akiva Miller

Some (e.g. R'YBS iiuc) are against any changes in nusach/matbea hatfila,
even "non-objectionable" changes.  There's also the issue of tircha
dtzibbura (why not add parshat haman, sheis zchirot, asseret
hadibrot...)
KT
Joel Rich
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.