[Avodah] HaShem as God's Name

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Sep 9 07:30:28 PDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 12:54:12PM +0200, Minden wrote:
: But today, it's so common to write H-shem or Hash-m and similar
: forms...

I've seen some do it, but "common"? Not in my circles.

But before we simply dismiss the trend, isn't this exactly what happened
to replacing sheim havayah with the triple yud (eg Siddur R' Saadia Gaon)
which became yud yud which in time became the purvey of siddurim only
and now treated as sheimos after all?

Maybe this is actually the way things are /supposed/ to go.

Micha Berger             I slept and dreamt that life was joy.
micha at aishdas.org        I awoke and found that life was duty.
http://www.aishdas.org   I worked and, behold -- duty is joy.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                        - Rabindranath Tagore