[Avodah] NASA, Dead-Sea Scrolls and G-D's holy name

Moshe Y. Gluck mgluck at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 17:05:47 PDT 2008

R' Akiva Milelr:
> "No Kedushah until someone reads it" -- This sounds like a relevant factor
if
> we're talking about Davar Mitzva; "hazmana lav milsa" and all that.
>
> But we're talking about a level up from there: A written/printed word is a
> question of Davar *Kedusha*. The kavana and actions of the one *making*
the
> object is critical. <SNIP>

All true. The question, I suppose, would be in a situation like this where
there is no Kavanah, but it is afterwards used for Kedushah, IOW, does it
get Kedushah when someone reads it with Kavanah of, let's say, Limud Torah.
(There's no question that this wouldn't make a Sheim written without Kavanah
in a Sefer Torah Kosher; we're talking about whether one has to be careful
of this paper, say the Yated or a printout of Avodah, that it not become
Mutal B'bizayon.

Frankly, I don't hear this Sevarah so much either nor do I have a Mareh
Makom; all I can say is that the person who repeated it to me is a TC.

KT,
MYG