[Avodah] Question on Soul (but not the Sole question)

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Sep 4 08:00:24 PDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 07:06:35AM -0400, Cantor Wolberg wrote:
: I have always taught that the Shechina to the Beis Hamikdash
: was the same as the soul is to the body. From there, volumes
: could be written.

According to Rav Saadia and the Rambam, the Shechinah is the kavod nivra,
a created entity made to represent Hashem's Kavod. Not G-d, and therefore
not necessarily absolutely One.

The Ramban, OTOH, could be a support for your thoughts. But I'm not sure
the volumes /should/ be written. Man can't fully understand himself,
therefore the soul is a mystery. But you're trying to explain it in
terms of a greater mystery.

Micha Berger             When you come to a place of darkness,
micha at aishdas.org        you don't chase out the darkness with a broom.
http://www.aishdas.org   You light a candle.
Fax: (270) 514-1507        - R' Yekusiel Halberstam of Klausenberg zt"l