[Avodah] Can you build a community around Halakhic Man?

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Aug 12 15:44:43 PDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 06:15:12PM -0400, Yitzhak Grossman wrote:
: I, too, have heard this story.  Anyone know a source?

RARR's "The Rav", vol I, p 227 (#6.02) "A One-Word Answer". He precedes
the text with:
> Related by the Rav to his ZTalmud class when the author was a student
> at Yeshiva University. Cf. Rabbi Shlomo Yosef Zevin, Ishim ve-Shitot
> (Tel Aviv: Bitan ha-Sefer, 1952], pp. 58-59 [1]

> 1 The version related by Rabbi Shlomo Yosef Zevin, based on the
> memoir of Rabbi Meir Ber-Ilan (Berlin) is slightly different in
> details, but the theme is the same. Also see Ephraim Shimoff, Rabbi
> Isaac Elchanan Spektor: Life and Letters (New York: Yeshiva
> University, 1959), pp. 84-85.

Micha Berger             The mind is a wonderful organ
micha at aishdas.org        for justifying decisions
http://www.aishdas.org   the heart already reached.
Fax: (270) 514-1507