[Avodah] nes nigleh

Richard Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 19:59:41 PDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 5:09 PM, Doron Beckerman <beck072 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Rabbi Wolpoe writes:
>
> >> I am not saying these are not nissim gluyyim
> BUT
> It is feasible to argue that everything occured in a form of vision and not
> in te physical plain.
>
> Consider holograms.  Steven Spielberg could have made all of the miracles
> APPEAR but they would not have been there physically rather they would be
> holographic projections.
>
> Again, I am not defeintely saying that they WERE holograms, it's just you
> cannot PROVE that had the Rambam had access to this technology that he would
> have said otherwise. <<
> If the Rambam were willing to say that it was just a vision but it didn't
> really happen - he didn't need recourse to hologram technology. He could
> have said that Moshe/Aharon and Eliyahu caused all present to hallucinate
> these occurences and be convinced of their reality, which is not a
> radical suspension of nature.

Maybe but I am saying that a hologram is a REAL form of communication just
not a real altering of physical laws.

So If HKBH shows bil'am a phsycial hologram it is a the same as if HKBH were
talking via pictures. Then HE could give him a graphic VISION of of say a
donkey speaking w/o altering the bri'as.  I cannot say for sure that Rambam
would go for this, but it is my impression that his would fit the Rambam's
modle better than say a hallucination.

After all a hologram is as real as a telgeram, but it is ONLY a story
[fiction] and not tangible fact. The point? it is a powerful method of
commmunicating a message from  the Al-Mighty a dwould not tamper with Teva.
Of course in 200 years of more tehcnology there might be even superior
models such as telepathy etc.  This is only a model or an illustratoin  I am
not saying HKBH used holograms.  I AM saying that if I were a Talmid of the
Rambam and shot forth into the present via time mahcine to TODAY this would
make a lot of sense...

--
Kol Tuv / Best Regards,
RabbiRichWolpoe at Gmail.com