[Avodah] kinnot and churban habayit

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Aug 6 19:09:53 PDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 09:27:46PM -0400, Stuart Feldhamer wrote:
: Well, which do you think is worse: Galut, or the Churban?
: Which do you think is worse, the tremendous loss of life, or the Churban?

Mosher Rabbeinu was deprived of entering EY because of hitting the
stone, but he says that we were deprived of having us lead him there
because of cheit ha'eigel.

When it became clear that gallus would be necessary, that bayis rishon
would not last, HQBH was gozeir that Moshe -- whose actions aare eternal,
could not be the one to bring us home, nor the one to build the bayis.
By having someone else do it, HQBH enbled the onesh to be something less
than our extermination. "Let My anger be expressed on wood and stone,
and not on My people."

 From which it would seem that galus is worse, and churban bayis was
a gift so as to prevent needing even more human suffering to achieve
kaparah.

Micha Berger             Zion will be redeemed through justice,
micha at aishdas.org        and her returnees, through righteousness.
http://www.aishdas.org
Fax: (270) 514-1507