[Avodah] Buying a dirah

Yitzhak Grossman celejar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 16:46:50 PDT 2008

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 13:22:25 -0400
David Riceman <driceman at att.net> wrote:

> Micha Berger wrote:
> > While on tangents about MK.... I believe that feeding your 12 yr old
> > daughter would qualify for maaser money. Don't think that's a great idea,
> > but in terms of the technical din... You have no chiyuv qua parenting
> > to feed or educate children who are gedolim. Shouldn't 100% of your HS
> > tuition quality -- once you already got to say Barukh shePatrani?
> >
> Why 12? Hazal permit you to send your kids off to work once they turn
> six! IIRC Rabbi Feinstein has a tshuva in which he disagrees with you
> (YD 1:143) and says you need to support them as long as typical kids
> live at home.

And don't forget the edict of the Israeli chief Rabbinate (R. Herzog
and R. Uziel, Rosh Hodesh Adar 5744), establishing an obligation to
support children until age fifteen.  See Ozar Ha'Poskim (71:12:1, p.
124) for a discussion of this.

> David Riceman

Yitzhak
--
Bein Din Ledin - bdl.freehostia.com
An advanced discussion of Hoshen Mishpat