[Avodah] nes nigleh

Richard Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 21:16:27 PDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 1:57 PM, Doron Beckerman <beck072 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The staff of Aharon turning into a snake and back into a staff and eating
> the others. The fire of Eliyahu consuming the water of the Mizbayach.
> L'maaseh even the Rambam had to explain certain Nissim as programmed into
> the nature of the things that the NIssim had to, since they were seemingly
> breaks of "normal" natural occurences. So somehow that fire was programmed
> to be able to consume water - but that's not the normal property of fire.

I am not saying these are not nissim gluyyim
BUT
It is feasible to argue that everything occured in a form of vision and not
in te physical plain.

Consider holograms.  Steven Spielberg could have made all of the miracles
APPEAR but they would not have been there physically rather they would be
holographic projections.

Again, I am not defeintely saying that they WERE holograms, it's just you
cannot PROVE that had the Rambam had access to this technology that he would
have said otherwise.

--
Kol Tuv / Best Regards,
RabbiRichWolpoe at Gmail.com