[Avodah] Loving Israel while in Chutz

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Jul 21 06:27:05 PDT 2008

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 19:19:21 -0400, Yitzhak Grossman <celejar at gmail.com>
wrote:
>> : > Igeres Techiyas haMeisim. Drawin on the mashal of the blind man and
>> : > lame man who get together to streal some figs (Sanhedrin 91b). IIUC,
>>
>> : Rambam cites that mashal?
>>
>> Yes.
>
> *He* *does* *not*

I think you for correcting my memory. Knowing its habit of reading my
extrapolations back into the source text, my bet is that I recalled an
embellished version of the pasuq from Daniel. Which the Rambam does
quote at the begining of pereq 4, and is about judgment.

> I consider the attribution of this view to Rambam to be groundless and
> dubious, and the flat assertion that "the Rambam himself explains
> why ...", when he says no such thing, to be unacceptable.

Agreed. I erred. Problems of relying on a flaky memory.

Thanks again,

Micha Berger             I long to accomplish a great and noble task,
micha at aishdas.org        but it is my chief duty to accomplish small
http://www.aishdas.org   tasks as if they were great and noble.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                              - Helen Keller