[Avodah] Zekhiras Yetzi'as Mitzrayim in Yemos haMashiach

Yitzhak Grossman celejar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 12:17:40 PDT 2008

On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 10:57:05 -0400
Zev Sero <zev at sero.name> wrote:

> David E Cohen wrote:
> > R' Micha Berger wrote:
> >> We follow ben Zoma's derashah for "KOL yemei chayekha". By saying there
> >> is a chiyuv bizman hazeh at night, we rejected the Chakhamim's derashah
> >> of "lehavi liymos hammoshiach".
>
> > We do hold like Ben Zoma regarding zekhiras yetzi'as Mitzrayim at night
>
> No, we do not!  Yachid verabim halacha kerabim, and I'm not aware of
> anything to indicate that this is an exception.  *Nobody* disputes that

Your certainty is misplaced; there seems to be considerable dispute
among the Aharonim about this.

While Zelah (Brachos 12b s.v. Mazkirin) explains that there is indeed
no disagreement over the obligation to mention YM at night, he
concedes that Bartenura understood that there is a Mahlokes, and that
Hachamim maintain that there's no obligation.

The Frankel Sefer Ha'Mafteah (Krias Shma 1:3 on Lehem Mishneh s.v.
B'ben Zoma) states that Rashbaz and Abarbanel in their commentaries
to the Haggadah also understand like RZS, that Rambam is ruling in
accordance with Hachamim, and that even they agree to the existence
of the obligation to mention YM at night.

On the other hand, Sha'agas Aryeh (#12) says exactly what RDC says,
that the Halachah is like Ben Zoma. Even though normally we say that
Stam v'ahar kach mahlokes ein Halachah k'stam, here the Halachah does
follow Ben Zoma, since the Stam Gemara (in Perek Hayah Koreh) follows
him.

Minhas Hinuch's language is:
"Even though 'lechorah' Hachamim disagree [about the obligation to
mention YM at night], most Poskim, including Rambam, rule according to
Ben Zoma, that there is a commandment to mention YM at night."

This is like Sha'agas Aryeh and RDC.

For more information, Cf. the Frankel's entry to the Rambam in question
s.v. Ha d'pasak k'Ben Zoma.

> we say yetziat mitzrayim at night; there's no svara at all *not* to say
> it.  The mishna gives it as an undisputed statement.  The machloket
> between Ben Zoma and the Chachamim is only about yemot hamashiach, and
> we follow the majority, that we *will* say it.
>
> --
> Zev Sero               Something has gone seriously awry with this Court's

Good Shabbos,
Yitzhak
--
Bein Din Ledin - bdl.freehostia.com
An advanced discussion of Hoshen Mishpat