[Avodah] T'uM

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Thu Jul 3 11:13:02 PDT 2008

Rich, Joel wrote:
> Question: If halacha is the "ratzon hashem" is there an "inyan" of
> agreeing to use  torah law rather than secular law for such issues?

I'm not sure your premise is correct. But if it is, then there might
be such an "inyan", but it would have to be explicitly agreed between
the parties.   Even if there were no such "inyan", if the parties to
a transaction agree to use ChM rather than Minhag Hatagarim for some
specific transaction, then that will be binding.  But here there was
no such agreement.

--
Zev Sero               Something has gone seriously awry with this Court's
zev at sero.name          interpretation of the Constitution.