[Avodah] almanah bechaye baala

Henry Topas htopas at canpro.ca
Mon Sep 29 07:24:04 PDT 2008

In a recent exchange (RE: Avodah Digest, Vol 25, Issue 335)
There was a discussion relating to heart transplants during which time the
recipient might fall into almanah bechaye baala or in the case of a Kohein,
stam an almanah.

Question: Would this short situation, be enough to free an agunah in the
event the recalcitrant baal was the recipient?

Cantor Henry Topas who wishes all the Chevreh, a K'tivah v'Chatimah Tovah!
Montreal

-- Micha Berger <micha at aishdas.org> wrote:
<<I would think that WRT a kohein, she would be an almanah>>

So we need to add a category to "yesomah bechayeh ha'av", i.e., almana
bechaye haba'al <g>  >>>

I vaguely recall a similar discussion about a man undergoing a heart
transplant. There is a short time that a man has no heart. Some wanted
to rule that a man without a heart (?) is considered halachic
dead and so after the operation is wife is an almanah bechaye baala

--
Eli Turkel