[Avodah] "OUT OF HAND LEADS TO OUT OF OUR HAND"

Cantor Wolberg cantorwolberg at cox.net
Sat Sep 27 23:34:38 PDT 2008

Tzvi Freeman wrote: "We don't like it when we lose something. We
think, "What gain could there be in loss?" But loss, too, is a way of
growth.Much of growth is simply learning to let go, to loosen the cord
that ties you to your "stuff" -- to your material things. Such as this
thing you are missing. Only once that is achieved can you emerge onto
a higher plane, a plane open wide enough to contain more light and
life than before. The divine energy that before brought a loss, can
now bring -- openly and clearly -- a blessing and much gain."

The above is so apropos to what has happened to our economy and
probably the worst situation since the Great Depression. However, this
may be a blessing in disguise -- a message to let us know that we are
NOT in control.  Only the Almighty is in control and when things get
out of hand, then our material possessions get out of our hand.

This makes us more aware that our hand should be used more for giving
tzedaka, putting on tallis and tefillin, cooking for Shabbos, sounding
the shofar and compassionately putting your hand on the shoulder of a
relative,  friend or unfortunate soul.

rw