[Avodah] bat mitzva "bo bayom"

menucha menu at inter.net.il
Wed Sep 17 21:27:08 PDT 2008

I always wondered why that Mishna is seen as the "concept of Jewish
womenhood"   and not taken at face value as "the mitzvot for which women
die in childbirth". Cynically I could say that it "made it big" because
of its place in the davening.
any sources for taking this mishna for more than it says?
BTW, see the parallel for men in Kohelet Rabba on "Eit Laledet."
menucha