[Avodah] Dove and Turtledove

Galsaba at aol.com Galsaba at aol.com
Sun Sep 7 04:15:33 PDT 2008

I am curius to know if these two birds - Torim and Benei Yonna were given to
offer while they were the same size. Torim used to be brought for a Korban
while they were adult. Benei Yonna - only when they were young.  Because an adult
Tor (Turtledove) is smaller than a Yonnah (Dove), then they may be the same
size (weight) where they were offererd to Korban.
(I think that an adult Yonnah is about 3/4 pound, while adult Tor is 1/3
pound)
Anybody knows?

galsaba