[Avodah] KSA, MB, AhS, Chayei Adam and other codes

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Sep 4 11:45:37 PDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 12:41:26AM -0400, Richard Wolpoe wrote:
: > My question is the opposite. If one does read from a klaf why does
: > the Gra say one should say a beracha.

: The answe is AIUI is that the GRA does NOT base himslef on MINHAG but on the
: authority of Maseches Soferim to which the GRA subscribes as obligatory -
: just like Bavli

Yes, according to the Gra, violating Mes' Soferim is like violating any
other conclusion of Chazal, which he considers a show-stopping
consideration.

Just keep that in mind when we get to a point below. I'm laying
groundwork...