[Avodah] bracha on megilla

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Aug 19 14:02:59 PDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 02:59:46PM +0000, kennethgmiller at juno.com wrote:
: R' Eli Turkel wrote:
:> I don't think we ever say a beracha on a minhag that
:> is not mentioned in the gemara.

: This question comes up every once in a while on these pages. I has
: vague memories of these brachos being mentioned:

I didn't recall.

: -- Al Mitzvas Tefilin

Is this a berakhah on a minhag, or a minhag to say a 2nd berakhah?

: -- L'hadlik Ner Shel Yom Hakippurim

Agreed. (As is my case of menorah in shul on Chanukah.)

: -- Al Mitzvas Tzitzis

If tallis qatan is minhag; machloqes rishonim.

: -- Baruch Hashem L'Olam / Yiru Eineinu (in maariv)

Again, I think this is a minhag to say a berakhah, not a berakhah oveir
la'asiyas minhag.

Micha Berger             With the "Echad" of the Shema, the Jew crowns
micha at aishdas.org        G-d as King of the entire cosmos and all four
http://www.aishdas.org   corners of the world, but sometimes he forgets
Fax: (270) 514-1507      to include himself.     - Rav Yisrael Salanter