[Avodah] Bracha on Megillah

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Aug 18 09:52:22 PDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 04:40:11PM +0300, D&E-H Bannett wrote:
: In my shul they read all the megilot from klaf and with
: b'rakhot.  Once I was asked to read and refused because, as
: there is no universal minhag to read the megillot in shul on
: yomtov, I didn't agree to say the  b'rakhot.

I could see a reason not to buy a kelaf, since it shows an expectation
that one would be mourning enough 9 beAv's to justify the investment.
For similar reasons, there was initially rabbinic resistence to
hard-cover bound sifrei Qinos, saying there was meaning in using the
cheap staple-back ones.