[Avodah] Bracha on Megillah

Henry Topas htopas at canpro.ca
Fri Aug 15 03:56:52 PDT 2008

OK, thank you. Brings up the next questions.  Most shuls read haftorot from
a sefer, not klaf, and the established bracha rishona is used:

1. In shuls which choose to read haftorot from a klaf, would the bracha
change to an "asher kidshanu bimitzvotav" formulation?

2. If we read haftorot from a sefer with a bracha, why is there not a
similar bracha established for the reading of a megillah from other than a
klaf?

Kol tuv,

HT