[Avodah] KSA, MB, AhS, Chayei Adam and other codes

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Aug 14 15:00:43 PDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 05:38:33PM -0400, David Riceman wrote:
: Micha Berger wrote:
: >RER makes a number of claims.

: I'm hazy on the details, but I do recall that RYBS's comment on RER came
: several years before anyone introduced mekah ta'us into the equation.  I
: suspect one of us has the history mixed up, and maybe we should verify
: that before we continue the discussion.

Your advice it valid, but I am impatient. So, while we wait...

I thought that dimissing tav lemeisav means nothing without opening the
door for saying meqach ta'ut. With TlM, one would say that even had she
known then what she knows now, she would still be better off married to
him -- so the ta'us isn't significant.

And FWIW does http://tinyurl.com/64qgzg (see pg 100 if it doesn't open
to it), a book contributed to by RER -- although I don't know who wrote
the "Conclusion".

Which is why I took it for granted that tav lemeisav is a non-issue
since meqach ta'us only includes flaws that existed at the time of the
wedding which she can actually argue she never would have lived with.
(As opposed to nistapcha sedehahh.)

Micha Berger             Man can aspire to spiritual-moral greatness
micha at aishdas.org        which is seldom fully achieved and easily lost
http://www.aishdas.org   again. Fullfillment lies not in a final goal,
Fax: (270) 514-1507      but in an eternal striving for perfection. -RSRH