[Avodah] Trading convicted killers for dead bodies

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Thu Jul 17 05:41:47 PDT 2008

I've been thinking a lot about it and don't want to discuss the
specifics but am wondering if anyone has seen any halachik (micro and/or
meta-halachik) material on trading convicted non-Jewish killers for dead
Jewish bodies. I suppose an obvious parallel is Maharam Mrutenberg and
the gemara's 2 reasons -impoverishment and/or impact on future
kidnappings.

I hold by R' YBS earlier pronouncements and generally try to keep my
mouth shut in public about Israel government policies since I am chu"l
so if Micha thinks this will lead to analysis of the actual decisions,
please do not post this.

KT
Joel Rich

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.