[Avodah] Treifot question

Meir Shinnar chidekel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 09:27:37 PDT 2007

difficult to image with MRI (technical issues) - there are now some
techniques available, but doubt that it would be good for this job.
Best lung imaging would be CT scan - however, I don't know whether a
CT scan would have the resolution to detect a very local pleural (sac
surrounding the lung) pathology of a sirha.  A CT may very well detect
pathology in some animals, but the relationship of what is seen to
halachic definition of trefa needs to investigated.  Sirhot (in my
understanding - I never studied hullin or that part of yore deah)
reflect more old scarring rather than active inflammation - and that
can be very difficult to image
I would add that, as mentioned by others, this  would be a
probibitively expensive proposition....
Meir Shinnar