[Avodah] Treifot question

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Mon Jun 25 04:39:02 PDT 2007

In my opinion, using new technology (which may be mutar) rather than
having a SHU"B check using the old fashioned way is overkill and would
drastically raise the cost of kosher beef.

KT

Josh
The reason for my question was the milk issue. I heard a shiur which in
essence posited (at least as I understood it since there were parts that
I did not understand e.g. why the question would be any different for 1
cow's milk versus 2 or more) that since we've always drank milk, it must
be that chazal "allowed" us to go after rov [side point- and even if now
rov were treifot , it would still be ok because they're only rov because
we're machmir because of lack of knowledge]   To me this meant that
lshitato  really we should be bodek if we could (just like we don't rely
on rov for shechita since it's shiach that there are lung issues)so I
was wondering whether now we really could be bodek live animals (and as
Dr. Josh alludes to - at what cost)

KT
Joel Rich
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.