[Avodah] korbonos by mincha gedoyle

mkopinsky at gmail.com mkopinsky at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 13:14:02 PDT 2007

On 6/21/07, A & C Walters <acwalters at bluebottle.com> wrote:
> I was thinking today. Mincha Gedoyle is (in J'lem) exactly 1:15pm. If the
> minyan starts at exactly this time, when could a person say korbonos. Since
> the amiras korbonos are bemokom the bringing thereof, presumably it would
> have to be said at a time where they could be brought. Since we cannot bring
> korbonos before mincha gedoyle, is there any inyan at all to say the
> parshios of korbonos before this time (ie at 1:10pm). Obviously, there is a
> mitsveh of TT, and this is no worse than any other pesukim/mishnayos, but is
> it better? What about the yehi rotsons? Any eitsehs (maybe to say after SE,
> but I've never seen this)

This question is discussed in Halichos Shlomo (a book of pesakim of Rav
Shlomo Zalman Auerbach, written by his grandchildren) Perek 13, Dvar
Halacha 2-3 and footnotes there.  His lashon is "Um"m l'inyan karban
hatamid tzarich iyun af l'deiah zu [I think, that you're yotzei SE even
before 6.5 hours] im kasher b'dieved, ukid'chazinan d'gam bishas hadchak
kmo erev Pesach ein Matirin l'hakriv misheish sha'os (mipnei shebazeh
hachashash hu yoser gadol meiasher b'inyanei tefilah, upashut.)"  In Dvar
Halacha 3 he says that if one didn't say karbanos before mincha, he
doesn't have to, but may if he wishes, say them afterwards.  The footnote
says "Ur'ei shu"s harem"a mipano siman 14 d'haya makom lomar sheyeish
l'omram tamid achar tefillas mincha, ela d'bnei yisrael neviim lo nahagu
kein, eiyan sham ba'arichus, v'eyan od shu"s tashbei"tz chelek 2 siman
161.  Ub'sefer noheig katzon yosef [What is that?] kasav: n"l sheh"h
parshas hatamid hachol lomar achar kach k'korei batorah".

Bottom line:  He is mesupak whether you're yotzei amiras karbanos before
mincha gedola, even according to the shitos that allow you to daven before
then.  He brings sources that do discuss the possibility, though not
requirement, of saying karbanos after SE.

KT,
Michael