[Avodah] wearing tzitzit outside

Moshe Feldman moshe.feldman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 08:24:54 PDT 2007

"D&E-H Bannett" dbnet at zahav.net.il wrote that the contradiction between the
MB and CC's actual practice derives from the fact that the CC's talmidim
wrote parts of the MB.

We have discussed this issue in the past.  Here are some snippets:

http://www.aishdas.org/avodah/vol04/v04n006.shtml#12
<<To complicate things more - the Biur Halacha is where true genius is
demonstrated. But his son - Rav Aryeh Leib - claims to have written many of
those concerning hilchos Shabbos. Rabbi Elimelech Bluth - Rav Moshe
Feinsteins gabbai for many years said that Rav Moshe once told him "The
Mishna Berua was composed by a committee of Talmidei Chachomim. Therefore
it is more binding on Klall Yisroel than if composed by an individual".

http://www.aishdas.org/avodah/vol04/v04n006.shtml#12
Regarding my claim that not all the MB was written by the CC, someone (who
does not wish to be identified) wrote me:
<<
I was talking a while back with a local Rov - a Ner
Yisroel Baltimore graduate -  and he claimed that the MB in Hil. Pesach
is a different style than the rest of MB, and he attributed it to the
above reason - that the CC didn't write it himself, but (he said) one
cannot say it loudly.... (I had long suspected something similar, as the
MB in hil. Pesach has many phrases etc. that are word-for-word from the
SA Horav, w/o bringing a source, it may be explained by the above. VAKML).

Kol tuv,
Moshe