[Avodah] Tzitzis - MB

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Jun 15 13:23:36 PDT 2007

On Tue, June 12, 2007 6:56 am, Michael Kopinsky wrote:
: The MB writes (and I paraphrase... ) " ... they would
: just tuck the tzitzis into the kanaf (rather than into their pants)."

: What is the kanaf that he is referring to?  Did their tzitzis have a
: pocket on the corner (like NeaTzit (R)) to tuck the strings in?

I never had a problem with this, but not because I thought about it.

When I was little, my mother would pop the stitching on one side of
the reinforcement for the corner of the tzitzis, and tuck my string in
there. (Particularly when I was wearing shorts that were shorter than
my tzitzis, so that they would hang out the bottom otherwise.)

I had assumed the MB meant something similar. But again, that was an
uninformed assumption.

Tir'u baTov!
-mi

--
Micha Berger             Spirituality is like a bird: if you tighten
micha at aishdas.org        your grip on it, it chokes; slacken your grip,