[Avodah] Har Habayit

Shoshana L. Boublil toramada at bezeqint.net
Sat Jun 9 12:41:08 PDT 2007

> From: "Elazar M. Teitz" <remt at juno.com>
> Subject: Re: [Avodah] Har Habayit
> To: avodah at lists.aishdas.org

>     I think the main difference is that not getting married is bitul
> of a mitzvah.  Not going on the Har Habayis when one has no korban to
> bring is not.
>
> EMT

I was reading the material presented in Sidur HaMikdash, Shabbat regarding
Mitzvot to be performed in the Mikdash itself, and apparently Korbanot are
not the only mitzva.

A. There is a Mitzva min HaTorah to enter Har HaBayit for prayer and Ze'aka
when a Ta'anit is called, when Am Yisrael is in danger (Sefer HaMitzvot
Rambam, Aseh 59 and Hilchot Ta'aniyot 1:a), for example: during water;
plague; lack of rain; or other Pur'Anuyot.  It is a Mitzva both during the
time of the Bayit and when it's BeChurbano.

At this time, they are supposed to blow on Chatzotzrot HaKesef and a shofar
(described in Mishna Rosh Hashana 25;a and Rambam).

Shaliach Tzibbur adds 7 special blessing to the prayers with a special
ending and during which Cohanim Tok'im UMeri'im (see Rambam there, chapter 4
and especially halachot 16-17).

This gathering is held Davka near Sha'ar HaMitzrach of Har HaBayit (NOT the
Kotel) so that as many as possible can partake, including Tmei'ei Meit and
Tevulei Yom.

B. There is a special mitzva to do Teki'ot Rosh HaShana Davka on Har HaBayit
(mishna Rosh HaShana 3, 3 and also 27;1).

C. There is a special mitzva of Netilat Lulav on Sukkot during all 7 days
davka on Har HaBayit (see Sefer HaMitzvot Rambam mitzva 169). It was not
cancelled b/c of the Churban.

These 3 are just examples.

There are many others examples and special tefillot which are answered davka
if said on the Har HaBayit itself.

Shoshana L. Boublil