[Avodah] What Does "Bless" Mean? (was Z"L in English)

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Sun May 27 17:53:21 PDT 2007

On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 02:28:42PM -0400, Elliott Shevin wrote:
: I have a more basic question. What is the nature of "brocha/blessing" that we
: do to or for Hashem and His works, and ask that He do to or for us?

See <http://www.aishdas.org/asp/2005/12/what-is-berakhah.shtml>.

I list shitos about what "barukh" means in relation to HQBH, and thus
what we mean when we make a berakhah.

Tir'u baTov!
-mi

--
Micha Berger             In the days of our sages, man didn't sin unless
micha at aishdas.org        he was overcome with a spirit of foolishness.