[Avodah] Going up to Har HaBayis

Goldmeier goldmeier at 012.net.il
Mon May 21 08:59:36 PDT 2007

I would just like to add to two of R' Dov Bloom's points below that I
excerpted....
1. I have been up in groups in which women were present. While the issue
of nida makes it more difficult for women to ascend, it is possible.
They have to refrain from sexual relations for three days prior to
ascending, along with going to the mikva...
2. I once went up and was joined by Tuvia Sagiv. He is the proponent of
the main opinion opposing the Radba"z. He is of the opinion that the
mikdash was much further south than the location of the Dome of the Rock
platform. In deference to him, while we normally walk around following
the opinion of the Radba"z, on that occassion we were machmir like both
the Radbaz and Sagiv, and we avoided the whole southern area (we walked
around to the left on the northern side, and then doubled back instead
of making the full circle.)

Rafi.

---------
Goldmeier