[Avodah] shemitta

Samuel Svarc ssvarc at yeshivanet.com
Sat May 19 21:56:41 PDT 2007

>From: Moshe Feldman [mailto:moshe.feldman at gmail.com]
>
>Not necessarily.  "There are those" just shows that the Rambam
>disagrees with the Ramban, and it is not clear who we pasken like.  In
>contrast, according to CI, *no* rishon holds that there is a mitzvah
>to eat.

And R' Kook disagreed with the CI's position, no? So why do you assume that
"There are those" is not referring to him?

>Now, do you think that if only Rav Kook held that the Ramban holds
>that it's a mitzvah to eat, but Rav Elyashiv and CI held otherwise, do
>you think that Rav Elyashiv would bother saying "there are those?"
>Obviously, he believes that this opinion is worth being choshesh for.

Yes, I do think he would say "there are those" even if it's only R' Kook who
held that way. R' Kook was a major TC, and why should someone not be
chosheish for his shittah, all else being equal?

KT,
MSS