[Avodah] kerias sheni shel pesach

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Sun May 13 19:25:00 PDT 2007

reuven koss wrote:

>> Also the extraordinarily long reading of the first day of chol hamoed
>> Pesach, which is of course the reading for the second day of Pesach
>> in chu"l.  Why not cut it down a bit, to make it similar in length to
>> the other chol hamoed readings?

>           Dina d'gemara

The gemara doesn't say how long it needs to be.  Nor do I think the
gemara is paskening a din for EY; it's describing the minhag of Bavel,
where they kept two days of yomtov.

--
Zev Sero               Something has gone seriously awry with this Court's
zev at sero.name          interpretation of the Constitution.