[Avodah] kabalat shabbos

Daniel Israel dmi1 at hushmail.com
Wed May 2 15:00:18 PDT 2007

On Wed, 02 May 2007 17:35:06 +0000 "Newman,Saul Z"
<Saul.Z.Newman at kp.org> wrote:
>for a community where it would be very hard to get a minyan friday
>nite [and someone needs to say kaddish so they want to make a
minyan],
>is anyone aware of a shitta that would allow davening including
maariv-
>with a kavana not to be mekabel  shabbos until after driving home
and
>there being mkabel shabbos at licht bentching time?

I'm not sure that their is a point to doing this anyway.  AFAIK,
the ikar of saying kaddish is on the day not the t'fillah.  That's
why l'chatchilah one should say ma'ariv after tzeis on a yartzeit.
Even if this is during aveilus, I think the kaddish is "credited"
to the day on which it is said.  Here where one is going to say it
even before shkiah I think it would be no more of a zechus than
saying mishnayos and a kaddish d'rabbanan.  (Which is not to
minimize it, rather to say that perhaps that's exactly what he
should do instead.)

--
Daniel M. Israel
dmi1 at cornell.edu