[Avodah] Love of Israel

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Apr 13 08:00:50 PDT 2007

On Thu, April 5, 2007 7:06 pm, Rn Chana Luntz wrote:
: It is also interesting that, before I looked at the Encyclopedia
: Talmudit, I checked out the Sde Chemed, and while I did not find
: anything on this particular matter - I found a fascinating discussion
: (chelek gimmel p194) on whether kavod hamelech is docheh an issur torah
: and whether one can go on a boat on shabbas for kovod hamelech purposes
: (remember my hunt regarding treatment of issurei derabanan once on has
: eliminated any d'orisa problem due to a positive mitzvah, here we are
: again in that territory, and again not a whiff of the idea that a
: d'rabbanan should be treated more strictly than a d'orisa)....

When a malekh tells you to violate an asei de'Oraisa, wouldn't divrei
haRav vedivrei hatalmid tell you to ignore the king? Or is that only
where there the violation is of a lav?

Because if it includes a command to violate an asei... Listening to the
king would be expressing kavod, no? So if kavod hamelekh is grounds for
violating issurim, then when would divrei haRav ever apply to a melekh?

Tir'u baTov!
-mi

--
Micha Berger             Spirituality is like a bird: if you tighten
micha at aishdas.org        your grip on it, it chokes; slacken your grip,