[Avodah] kombucha

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Sun Apr 1 19:10:20 PDT 2007

Yisrael Medad wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if this is kosher l'pesach?  quick like?

I don't see why it should be chametz.  I suppose it may depend on what
it's been fed recently.  I wonder, though, about the kashrut of a clearly
visible collection of living creatures, each of which is individually too
small to be seen.  If there is nothing in this "mushroom" except living
creatures, should it not be treif?

--
Zev Sero               Something has gone seriously awry with this Court's
zev at sero.name          interpretation of the Constitution.