[Avodah] korbonos by mincha gedoyle

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Fri Jun 22 08:53:19 PDT 2007

kennethgmiller at juno.com wrote:
> R' Zev Sero wrote:
>> In the 3rd BHMK, when there will be accurate clocks, lav
>> davka that they will wait the full half-hour, especially
>> on an Erev Pesach that falls on Erev Shabbos.

> Nice svara, but does anyone pasken this way lechatchila?

Lechatchila?  Is there a 3rd BHMK for the shayla to arise?

> I'd think
> this to be among the gezeros that still apply even when the reasons
> no longer hold. I.e., that we will wait the full half-hour in 3BHMK,
> even on EP/ES.

Why would a future Sanhedrin, with the full power to repeal obsolete
gezerot, refrain from doing so?  But in any case I don't think that
question is relevant here, because I see no indication that there was
ever a gezera in this matter, rather than simply a practise driven by
practicality.  For that matter, *can* there be gezerot in the BHMK?
After all, "ein shevut bamikdash"; or are we distinguishing "shevut"
which refers only to Shabbat, from general gezerot?

--
Zev Sero               Something has gone seriously awry with this Court's
zev at sero.name          interpretation of the Constitution.