[Avodah] Avodah wearing tzitzit outside

D&E-H Bannett dbnet at zahav.net.il
Sat Jun 9 13:04:14 PDT 2007

Re: RET's <<The MB notes that for a tallit katan this does
not hold because that is private and not public. The
implication being that not everyone wore the tzizit of the
talit katan outside!>>

The tzitzit inside/outside question has been discussed on
the list many times.  The most complete history was posted
by R' Seth Mandel and can be found in the archives.   I can
probably find some of R' Seth's postings on the subject
hiding in my computer and send them to anyone interested.

To RET's comment quoted above, I remind that the CC wore his
tzitzit inside.  When his son-in -law and grandson pointed
out to him that this was not what was recommended in the MB,
they reported that he replied that his talmidim had written
that text and they misunderstood what he meant.

I believe that what he meant was that, if the beged is worn
outside, the tzitzit should not be hidden inside.

David