[Avodah] wearing tzizit outside

Eli Turkel eliturkel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 03:32:16 PDT 2007

We have discussed in the past of the position of the Mishnah Berurah on
wearing tzizit outside of the clothing. In a shiur I went today on hilchot
Tzizit (parshat hashavua) the rabbi noted that if one's tallit get torn
on shabbat so that the tzizit are not valid then one need not remove
it in shul because of kavod habriot. The MB notes that for a tallit katan
this does not hold because that is private and not public.
The implication being that not everyone wore the tzizit of the talit katan
outside!
(As a side issue he said that today the halacha of Tallit might be changed
because of the availability of a shul tallit)

--
Eli Turkel