[Avodah] fashion models and opera singers

M Cohen mcohen at touchlogic.com
Fri Apr 27 10:15:10 PDT 2007

R'n peters writes...
A former student of mine is a very successful budding opera singer. Although
she knows that Halacha does not permit kol isha in performance (even in the
most lenient piskei halacha that I'm aware of, at least) she has chosen to
continue singing...

as a limud zchus...

although this is probably more for Avodah, what actually is the issur for a
Jewish lady to sing in front of nJewish men (ie when l'fnei iver is not an
issue)?
daas yehudis?

I also wonder if a miyut of poskim might be matir based on the fact that
they are hearing her voice thru the mic/amplification system, and not her
'real voice'

sincerely,
Mordechai Cohen

ps. I did borrow (and read) your sefer Learning to Read Midrash from R'n
Ilana Sober.  thank you.