[Avodah] (no subject)

Meir Rabi meirabi at optusnet.com.au
Tue Apr 24 23:36:43 PDT 2007

Rashi explains [vayikra 9:23] that Mosher R and Aharon H entered the Ohel M
to pray. This was prompted by Aharon H complaining to Mosher R, in words
that seem to almost accuse him of having set him up for failure, "Moshe my
brother, this you did to me that I entered and I was humiliated?"

1.	Did Aharon think even for one moment that Moshe suggested this as
his own idea?
2.	Did HKBH want Aharon to suffer this humiliation?
3.	How would Moshe's remedy, entering the Ohel M with Aharon and
praying, help remove the humiliation of Aharon's failure to successfully
initiate the Mikdash? On the contrary, the people would observe that success
came only after Moshe's intervention.
4.	Rashi [later] mentions that BNY were very anxious to be reassured
that they had been forgiven for their indiscretion with the Egel H. They
were expressing their concerns to Moshe R when he was performing for the
first 7 days thinking that since the Shechinah had not yet resided on their
handiwork they had not been forgiven; to which Mosher replied just wait
until Aharon H does this; he is more appropriate and significant than I and
through his sacrifices and service the Shechinah will reside amongst you and
you will be assured that HaShem ... now we would have concluded that
sentence with "has forgiven you" but Rashi [chazal] concludes "you will be
assured that HaShem ... chose him." [meaning Aharon HaCohen]

1.	it is almost as though the Yidden had rejected Aharon H [perhaps
they thought he could not possibly be the one through whom they would attain
forgiveness when he was himself implicated in the Egel Hazahav] and Moshe R
said You will have evidence of his being chosen by HKB"H when he does the
Avodah and it is accepted.
2.	but as we know it was not accepted until Moshe joined him in
Tefillah.

Any thoughts?

meir