[Avodah] When do the malachim come?

Daniel Israel dmi1 at hushmail.com
Wed May 2 11:49:05 PDT 2007

On Wed, 02 May 2007 15:49:03 +0000 Dov Kay <dov_kay at hotmail.co.uk>
wrote:
>The next morning, I was informed that in Hungary (presumably
Oberland),
>they would say the whole of kabbolas from the shulchan, but in
Germany
>they would only say Lecha Dodi from the shulchan;  l�chu neranena
was
>said from the amud.

I cannot answer your question, but I can tell you that the only
time I davened kabbalas Shabbos in a Yekke shul (somewhere in
Talpiot, I think, but I don't remember the name) I was told to dave
all of kabbalas Shabbos from the bima.  So I don't think the
practice you describe is universal among Yekkes.

--
Daniel M. Israel
dmi1 at cornell.edu