[Avodah] Moshe Rabeinu's stuttering

Arie Folger afolger at aishdas.org
Mon Jan 22 00:37:01 PST 2007

RZL wrote:
<<Rav SR Hirsch?s comments on Sh?mos 4:11 are instructive: "Indeed a
stammerer is the most fitting for this mission. Every word of the
stuttering stammerer is itself an os. If a man who ordinarily stammers
speaks easily and flowingly in G-d's mission, every word brings its own
credentials with it." Complementing this are Rav Hirsh's remarks (and
similar ones by others) on (3:12): "Your insufficiency is the guarantee
that you /are/ sent by G-d. Without it, the salvation in Egypt would fall
into the category of world-historical events which glorify human
greatness....">>

This actually stems from Derashot haRan, cited by the Abarbanel.

Regarding R'nTK's wondering at a report that Yemenite women pronounced
Hebrew somewhat differently from their male counterpart, I would like to
note that on a recent visit to Brooklyn, one woman told me "men say
choilom, while women say choulom". This Brooklyn phenomenon obviously
comes from the different educational philosophies of boys' and girls'
schools.

Kol tuv,
--
With kind regards,