[Avodah] Pills on Yom Kippur

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Sep 12 16:20:57 PDT 2013

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 07:03:42PM -0400, Saul Guberman wrote:
: Have you seen the size of some of those pills.  They need water to be
: swallowed.  I would think that is an issue.

But if one is allowed to swallow pills on YK, I wouldn't take one of
"those pills". I'd take a regular ibuprofin, dry. For that matter,
someone who gets a cafeeine headache could just take a No-Doze (TM).

Also, the machloqes about drinking water less than melo lugmav to swallow
the pill is between mutar (RMF OC:3:91) and sprinkle something in it to
ruin the taste (RSZA according to the aforementioned SSK).

GCT!