[Avodah] Rosh Hashana: The Universal Two Day Yom Tov

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Sep 12 16:13:12 PDT 2013

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 05:52:11PM -0400, Prof. Levine wrote:
: I prefer the way he put it.  Are not we who do not live in EY zoche
: every year to extra days of kedusha that is d'rabanan that those in
: EY "miss out on."

... and miss out on qedushah EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR.

Besides, a reason why Yom Tov sheini shel goliyos has value is because
it takes us two days in galus to achieve the same qedushah one can reach
in one day in Eretz Yisrael!

And this isn't just a nice vort.... It is invoked lehalakhah in favor of
keeping one day when in EY (or one plus the 2nd day lechumerah) because
being "machmir" and keeping two is actually insulting qedushas ha'aretz.

GCT!