[Avodah] text of Alenu

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Sun Sep 8 12:06:46 PDT 2013

On Sun, Sep 08, 2013 at 09:42:59PM +0300, Eli Turkel wrote:
: going from intrepreting texts to deciding on the kezayit is a big stretch.
: Though CI agrees with Micha ROY certainly doesnt...

But I didn't assert either position.

Rather, I said that it's the topic for a discussion between the CI and ROY
and the like *after* the archeologists have their say. People have been
tending to skip that step, thinking that halakhah or aggadita are to
tightly coupled to the findings that there is no second question for the
rabbis to address.

GCT!

Micha Berger             I have great faith in optimism as a philosophy,
micha at aishdas.org        if only because it offers us the opportunity of
http://www.aishdas.org   self-fulfilling prophecy.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                              - Arthur C. Clarke