[Avodah] Reciting L'Dovid Hashem Ori, A Secret History Dr. Shnayer Leiman

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Tue Aug 20 12:24:05 PDT 2013

On 20/08/2013 1:26 PM, Micha Berger wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 12:19:46PM -0400, Zev Sero wrote:

>> There is nothing dubious about a holy custom adopted by almost all of klal
>> yisrael.  There is something very dubious about calling such a minhag dubious.

> The Chozeh of Lublin, R' Naftoli Ropshitzer, and the Sanzer Rav (R'
> Chaim Halberstam, the Divrei Chaim) all called the minhag dubious because
> the Chemdas Yamim was. And therefore lemaaseh there are Chassidim who do
> not say LeDavid. So, the accusation does have legs. Even if you disagree
> with it, I wouldn't call a decision of the Chozeh "very dubious".

They may have chosen not to adopt the minhag, for various reasons, but they
did not call it dubious.  And while some may have thought it comes from
the Chemdas Yomim, we know that it doesn't.

--
Zev Sero               A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and
zev at sero.name          substantial reason' why he should be permitted to