[Avodah] on orthopraxy

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Aug 12 06:52:21 PDT 2013

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 08:56:21PM -0400, I wrote:
: CC recently carried R' Yitchok Adlerstein's take on the subject
: <http://www.cross-currents.com/archives/2013/08/11/living-with-questions>
: Once again, I wrote a comment that apparently isn't making CC's cut...

Well, to give credit where due, they did eventually approve my
post. Interestingly, posts appear in order submitted, not approved. So
everyone after me was bumped down one.

Anyway, here was RYA's reply appended to the bottom of my comment:
    YA -- Not sure I understand what you mean. However, since we are
    personal friends, and both neo-Litvaks, it is safe to say that
    whatever you meant, I disagree!

    As in any distribution, there are people at extremes, and people
    in the middle. I believe that there is still a sizable and healthy
    middle group of loyal Yidden who want/expect guidance on how to
    deal with issues and challenges. (If I could have doubted it two
    weeks ago, I can't today, after seeing the enormous support offline
    that R Gordimer got for his piece, including many notables very far
    from the haredi world of "emunah peshutah is the only way to go." My
    piece was meant for them.

I plan on continuing the conversation with him there.