[Avodah] Synthetic Meat

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Aug 5 15:22:44 PDT 2013

On Mon, Aug 05, 2013 at 08:34:59PM +0000, Gershon Dubin wrote:
: Different than a veggie burger?  We don't do our own gezeiros.

Which is why I thought the pesaq would depend on whether we consider this
meat already covered by the gezeira against a ben paqua or not. I don't
know how a poseiq could tell if the gezeira intended to cover just a BP
or on every case of meat that doesn't require shechitah. Biologically,
it has some resemblence to a BP, but that would require ascribing halachic
mamashus to stem cells, something I don't think my rebbe would do.