[Avodah] Open Orthodoxy, again

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Wed Jul 31 14:09:40 PDT 2013

On 31/07/2013 4:37 PM, Micha Berger wrote:
> Then there's a variant laid out by RGStudent (Oct 2001) in
> <http://www.aishdas.org/toratemet/en_torah.html  . The Torah could have been
> redacted by the RBSO when He dicated it to Moshe. After all, according
> to R' Yochanan the Torah was given scroll by scroll over the course of 40
> years. We usually think of that as incremental, one parashah and then the
> next, but maybe the pieces were woven togather. Did Adam, Noach and the
> Avos leave behind texts? And then there are the books the Torah itself may
> be telling us it's quoting (Sefer Toledos Adam, Sefer Milkhamos Hashem,
> Sefer haBeris), Moshe wrote a separate Sefer Bil'am, etc...

This is exactly what the Malbim says about Devarim.  That Hashem took Moshe's
words, redacted them, and dictated His version to Moshe to write down.

--
Zev Sero               A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and
zev at sero.name          substantial reason' why he should be permitted to