[Avodah] Abortion isn't Murder

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Jul 16 13:47:58 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 05:58:40PM -0400, Zev Sero wrote:
> On 15/07/2013 5:01 PM, Micha Berger wrote:
>> Just because the topic came up on Areivim a mere 2-1/2 months after the
>> last time it did here, I thouhgt I would just list the sources posted
>> here in the past which insist that abortion isn't murder.

> Please cite *any* source that distinguishes between harigas ubar and
> harigas ben noach.

Among the dozen or so posqim I cited, only RMF says that abortion is
hereg at all.

But even leshitas RMF, the comparison would be more to chatzi shiur
on the issur retzichah. For example, there is no statement about misah
biydei Shamayim WRT abortion. (I point you again to the Tosafos on Nidda
44a-b d"h "ihu".)